Rather than thinking of Zola as a novelist who took pictures, we may instead
come to view him as an artist who both wrote and made photographs.
Zola’s photographs demonstrate a remarkable technical ability as well as a sensitivity to the
character and mood of his subjects. The same attention to detail evident in his novels is visible in Zola’s portraits of his son, which were taken around the time of the famous Dreyfus Affair at the end of the 19th century.
A small catalogue featuring texts by Carrie Foulkes and Lindsey Stewart is being published..
- Printed and bound by Pelo-Druck Lohner OHG
- Paper content: Offset 50g/m2
- Paper cover: Olin, Rough, cream, 200g/m2
- Published: 2018
- 32 pages, 11 images
- 15×21 cm, softcover
- Editor: Daniel Blau
- Text: Carrie Foukles, Lindsey Stewart
- Layout: Christiane Wunsch
- Publication Date 2018
- ISBN: 978-3-000-608-233